We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) US corporation focused on animal welfare in Mexico. We’re a hands-on organization that accomplishes our goals through community collaboration.
To accomplish our animal welfare mission, we:
- operate the Alianza Animal Manzanillo (Alianza) sterilization clinic for street animals and pets of low-income households in Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico. Alianza is a subsidiary of Friends of Mexican Animal Welfare and a registered Mexican Civil Association.
- support animal welfare programs in Manzanillo via our street animal outreach organization, Animal Angels of Manzanillo. Animal Angels targets animals without owners, providing free sterilization services and treatment for common medical conditions such as mange and Transmissible Venereal Tumors (TVT).
- collaborate with our training partner, International Veterinary Consultants (IVC), to provide veterinarian follow-on training for Mexican veterinarians, to help vets in the field solidify skills and establish a network of like-minded professionals working to improve the quality of spay/neuter throughout Mexico.
- solicit funds from foundations and private donors and distribute those funds to help support Mexican sterilization clinics, shelters, veterinarian training and other animal welfare projects.
- process tax-free donations for United States taxpayers targeting Mexican organizations, providing underfunded, grassroots organizations access to funding sources otherwise unavailable to them.